I just wanted to thank everyone for attending the first Seeking the Kingdom Bible study. I believe it was a great success. It's always good to meet new folks. I hope that each of you will be back this week, as we continue this Kingdom journey together. As mentioned on Sunday, we are free to make the class our own. I thought of starting this blog so that we would have a way to share thoughts, concerns, prayers, etc...
As a quick recap of last week, we looked at the following verses: Dt 30:11-20; Josh. 24:14-24; Mt. 6:24, 33; Mk. 8:34-38. The question raised was "Which God will you serve?" Also, during our time of reflection, we were challenged to think about the one competing thing that is keep us from following Christ.
Several prayer requests were raised during our time together. Let us continue to remember Karen and Todd as they eagerly anticipate the arrival of their babies. Also, Rebekah shared that she is entering a period of transition, and is trying to decide her "next step" after graduating. Lastly, we we want to remember the growing financial concerns people are facing in our current economy.
As I mentioned Sunday, I encourage all of you to think about ways we can make this class a success. Personally, I would like to see us find a way to serve together. I know there are plenty of opportunities at First Decatur. For example, I know Zeno Douglas is actively looking for folks to serve as part of the Fresh Start hospitality team. Also, it would be good for all of us to plug in together somewhere in the Decatur community. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
This upcoming week, we'll be discussing "A Fully Committed Christian Life." If you would like to read ahead, we'll cover the following scripture: John 3:16-17; Lk. 11:5-13; Mt. 12:46-50; Rom 6:1-7.
Have a great week!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment